Mark 4: 30-34
1. Why did Jesus speak to the Disciples in parables? Why not just tell the story?
2. Talk about the image of “tree” as a metaphor for the Christian life. What tree would you be and why? Describe your root system, the texture/strength of your branches and their ‘nest-ability’? Describe the ‘birds hanging’ out on your limbs. How is this Kingdom of God stuff?
3. “Sometimes, it’s the smallest things…” What does this statement mean to you?
4. Consider John Wesley’s discipline/principles of giving. What’s your take-away?
5. What would ‘a leap of faith’ look like for you? What might sabotage your effort? Got an action plan?