1. Think about your best and worst moving experiences. What made each so?
2. When have you made a move like Abraham? Describe it.
3. What is at stake if we just ‘stay put’ or stay the same?
“Go into the world and preach the good news to all creation.”
2020 VISION Announcement Day! Click below to hear Jeff Mattern, chair of the 2020 VISION campaign share the totals of commitments made to our capital campaign thus far as well as the amount of the First Fruit offering!
1. When have you benefited by self sacrifice?
2. How does God’s love help you understand sacrifice?
3. What do you think of when you hear about giving of your self?
Celebration Sunday and Confirmation Sunday
The Revelation 21: 1-6
- What seems old or worn out to you?
- What new thing restores joy to your heart?
- How do you feel when waiting for something new?
- How does your confidence in Christ give you hope?
- Are there particular lessons that you learned from your Mother?
- How have these insights shaped your life?
- What helps you stay focused on the purpose of our ministries?
- List some of the services/ministries that you are involved in?
The 2020 VISIONCampaign is to equip LOUMC to follow Jesus’ command to love one another.
You are asked to follow a guide silently and meditatively throughout six locations of the church.
Start: Sanctuary: THE BODY OF THE CHURCH
Station 1: Front Doors: THE OPEN ARMS OF THE CHURCH
Station 2: Administrative Wing: THE BRAIN OF THE CHURCH
Station 3: Sunday School Rooms: THE FUTURE OF THE CHURCH
Station 4: Music Room: THE VOICE OF THE CHURCH
Station 5: Transitional Apartment: THE HANDS AND FEET OF THE CHURCH
Station 6: Christian Activities Center: THE HEART OF THE CHURCH
Shall We Gather at the River?
John Carter (Performed by the Chancel Choir)
1. What does it mean that Jesus has already “cleansed” all of us?
2. Why do you think only one returned to say thank you to Jesus?
3. How are ways that you are convinced of one’s gratitude?
4. Where are you on this scale between less appreciative…extravagantly grateful?
5. What mindset goes along with being extravagantly grateful?